Call us on 020 8686 6649
OUR COMPANY HISTORY
The original company began in 1899 in an attic workshop opposite the Town Hall in Croydon. The business, solely hand engraving to the jewellery trade, continued until 1967, when with the introduction of pantograph engraving machines, the company was able to diversify into more industrial repetitious work. The move to the present premises, also in 1967, lead to the opening of a retail shop, which has continued to expand, selling silverware, unusual pewter giftware and trophies.
The purchase of the adjoining premises in 1983 enabled us to expand the office, showroom and workshops to accommodate new computerised engraving equipment. The new technology and advances in computer software gave us the ability to scan artwork and produce graphics, and so the natural progression into etching, CNC routing and signs began. With the continued growth of etching and bespoke signs, it became necessary in 2000 to add a large workshop to the rear of the property to house our bulky metal and woodwork machinery and more room to manufacture large signs.
‘We believe our success over the last century has simply been due to our enthusiasm and pride in producing only high quality work, our unfailing reliability and most importantly of all, thanks to our highly skilled specialist craftsmen and staff who make up the many facets and the originality of Hallmark.’
Janet Gratwick, Director