Our success over the last century has simply been due to our dedication and pride in producing only the highest quality work, our unfailing reliability and most importantly of all, our highly skilled specialist craftsmen and staff who make up the many facets and the originality of Hallmark.
The original company began in 1899 in a workshop opposite the Town Hall in Croydon. Solely hand engraving to the jewellery trade, the business continued until 1967, when our family took over and moved into new premises with a retail shop in Selsdon Road, South Croydon.
The business has been in the family now for over 50 years and over the years, as technology moved on, we added manual then computerised engraving machines, etching and CNC routing machines, vinyl plotters, Laser engraving machines and other sign making equipment.
With the continued growth of the business, it became necessary to expand into the adjoining premises in 1983 and in 2000, to add a large workshop to the rear of the property to house bulky metal and woodworking machinery and provide the extra room needed to manufacture the large signage we produce.
In 2017, we moved to our new premises at Ashgrove Farm in East Sussex and now enjoy much larger, more practical facilities, complete with custom made workshops, improved parking and even a view of sheep in the fields!